Windy City

May 16, 2017


My sisters are the coolest people I know. One lives in Arizona and is a fabulous oncology nurse. The other is a food scientist for the Wrigley Co. and works in candy development. Yes, she's basically Willy Wonka. Or as my dad calls her, Wilma Wonka. Two weekends ago was her birthday and we all traveled to Chicago for a big family weekend! I get excited about Chicago because I always do something new! Be that a new restaurant, a new tour, or a new bar. This weekend I got to see the Bean for the first time! How crazy is that? I know it's like, the thing you do when you go to Chicago but I had never taken the time to go before. The real name is Cloud Gate which is exactly what it looks like, so I get it. But I prefer to call it the Bean.


We also did the architecture cruise along the Chicago River. I get totally sucked into historical stories and this tour did not disappoint. We got to hear all about the great Chicago fire, the layout of the city, and many of the iconic buildings that make up the downtown area. We also got to enjoy some fabulous beers.

Me, sister Chrissy (Wilma Wonka), sister Karen

Chrissy, Karen, Stephanie, Cliff


My husband, Ben and me






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts