California in a Week!

May 31, 2017

I've been singing, "If you're go-iing to San Francisco, be sure to weaar some flowers in your hair," over and over for the entire last week. You'd think I'd learn the rest of the song, but you'd be wrong, that's all I know. #facepalm


But I did wear flowers in my hair! I drank wine in Napa Valley, drove a Go Car through downtown San Francisco, ate fish 'n chips at the bay, drove down the coast on Highway 1, hiked to the base of Yosemite Falls, and so much more! I can't wait to tell you all about it!


I have to start with Napa Valley. My in-laws planned this entire week-long vacation for my husband and me and I'm so desperately grateful. My mother-in-law set aside one day for us all to head up to Napa Valley just for me! How lucky am I? The answer is VERY lucky.


We started by visiting Grgich Hills Estate. This winery created the first California wine to win in a blind taste test against France's finest wines. After that, the California wine country emerged and people have been harvesting their fortunes ever since.


We were fortunate enough to taste wines and learn about the Grgich Hills Estate wines from a member of this Hills family! Though they are known for their award winning Chardonnay, our tour guide took us through their Cabernet flight, as cabs are my fav!


We continued on to Heitz Wine Cellars and finished up at Sutter Home. We all know that Sutter Home is on the lower end of the price chain but I love Sutter Home wine! Honestly, I always have. I like that I can buy the mini single-serving bottles so I don't have to finish an entire bottle before it goes bad. (I'll be honest though, I don't usually have a problem with that...) Or the monster nine-glass bottles for a girls night in!

The Sutter Home rose garden was exquisite and they have the most fun gift shop! I bought wine-inspired soaps, candy dishes, tea towels with a map of Napa Valley, and of course, wine.


More California stories to come! But first, I'm going to pour myself a glass of wine and enjoy the Wisconsin spring sunshine.



Thanks for catching up! Love, Lori







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts