Chicken Parmesan and Zoodles

June 09, 2017

I love this recipe because it's so simple and incredibly delicious. And there are so many variations you can do to keep it interesting, I don't think that I'll ever be bored of it.


Chicken Parmesan is traditionally served over spaghetti noodles but this time I made my first ever batch of zoodles (zucchini noodles). My husband and I love pasta and we (arguably) eat too much of it. So I thought I'd give zoodles a try. I got the KitchenAid attachment as a gift and am so excited that it's easy to use and so versatile.


Turns out, zoodles = awesome! They added a nutty-ness to the chicken parm that I didn't realize I was missing by serving it over spaghetti noodles. And that zoodles are quicker to make than spaghetti noodles is just a win-win for me.


Another thing I love about this meal is how few dishes I use to make it. Everything for the chicken is done is my 9x13 in stone pan.

Place 3 large chicken breasts in pan
Cover in marinara sauce

Cover in provolone cheese
Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese


I hope you enjoy my Chicken Parm recipe! Let me know if you have a variation that you enjoy!

Chicken Parmesan Bake

Servings: 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes


Ingredients:

- 3-4 zucchini
- salt
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup marinara sauce (or to taste)
- 4-6 slices provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray


Zoodles Instructions:

- Wash zucchini
- Spiralize zucchini and place in microwave safe bowl
- Sprinkle with salt and microwave on high for 1 minute
- Mix zoodles and microwave at increments of 30 seconds until all warm.


Chicken Instructions:

- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place chicken breasts in greased baking dish
- Cover chicken in marinara sauce
- Place cheese slices on top of each chicken breast
- Spread bread crumbs evenly over cheese slices then top with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through
- Top with more Parmesan cheese
- Serve over zoodles
- Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts