OOTD: Summer Linens

July 10, 2017

Summer is finally here! I feel like it took forever for our spring showers to finish up and for the summer sun to stick around for a while. #ClassicWisconsin But I'm so very excited for the beautiful weather and all of the wonderful Wisconsin summer fun! My husband and I got to spend our 4th of July weekend with family in Waupaca on an island, soaking up the sun, swimming in the lake, taking relaxing boat rides and naps, I'm still not sure how I was able to convince myself to return to reality.




But here I am, back to the old grind and I'm finally finding time to update Merely Midwest! Brief history about me, I have never tanned in the sun up until just a couple of years ago. I have a lot of ginger-blood in my veins so I'd burn bright red, then the red skin would peal away and I'd be left with pale, freckly skin. I must be getting old because my skin has completely changed and I'm finally tanning! Which is great BECAUSE I can wear pale colors now! Fortunately whites, creams, millennial pink, are all hot colors and I can wear them without being totally washed-out!



Another tidbit about me is that I used to have fabulously curly hair. I mean, how cute are these locks?

Lori circa 2009

Then BAM! I don't know what happened but I lost all of my beautiful curls. It could have something to do with how much I was straightening my hair (I know it's a big no-no) or with the smoothing Keratin treatment I got. Or simply that my hair was changing as it sometimes does with time. Either way, I've been working through the frizz, the knots, and the dreadlocks forming at the nape of my neck to get my curls back.



So here's my simple, summer look! I'm so obsessed with this skirt. I love all things with a high waist and especially skirts. I'm only 5'4" and I have a crazy-long torso (for example, my bike frame is built for a 4'10" person. I have no legs.) So high-waist skirts make me look taller and like I have legs built for my height. And who doesn't love to wear linen in the summer?! Milwaukee experienced some crazy heat this weekend and this skirt could not have been more comfortable or breathable.

I paired it with a simple pink/mauve t-shirt, pink lips, and my favorite heather-tan, peep-to, backless booties. The shirt and shoes are currently unavailable (isn't that how it always goes?) But try these alternatives!




Thanks for reading! And enjoy the beautiful summer sun!

Love - Lori


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts